Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday, 2/1/13

We read a great book today about Groundhog Day. It was a new one that I'd recently gotten and not read yet. It was fun and had tons of facts tucked in. Aren't those the best books? I don't know why they don't make more like that for adults (picture books with info stragically placed within the fun). I learn more stuff by reading to the kids!! =) Anyhow, we then made a graph to predict if Punxatuany Phil will see his shadow tomorrow. So fun!!

Here's a story to illustrate why 2nd grade rules: So, I gave the kids the little groundhog this morning to color and cut out, but I didn't tell them that was a groundhog or what it was for. I tried to copy the picture to show you so you'd fully understand what happened next. I couldn't, so I'll do my best to describe it. It's a little creature from the belly up. He's coming out of a little hole in the ground, and his arms are raised above his head. (that part's important) The kids are forever trying to predict my next move, so one of the girls said: "I know what we're going to do with these..."  so I asked what, figuring that it was pretty obvious and she'd be right. Nope-------she says, "We're going to make a roller coaster and put these on so that they're riding it." Well, if you know me at all, you know that my next thought was, "We are now!!!" So when they were at music I made more copies of the roller-coaster riding groundhog and got a long piece of butcher paper. During indoor recess they created a long roller coaster and some of the groundhogs have already been glued onto it. When it's completed I'll post a picture. Do you see why I love my job so much!!??!! Nothing better than roller coaster riding groundhogs!

On that note, I'm going to sign off, clean up and start the weekend!!! (after I go start my car--brrrr!!)

Stay warm and GO 49ers!!! (they bumped out the Packers, so I'm behind them 100%)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wow!! Up until a second ago I was thinking that my day hadn't ended as wonderfully as it had gone-and then I saw this. You turned my whole emotions around! Thank you!! I think you're awesome too (it's in the name!!).

      XOXO Thank you!

      Delete