Saturday, February 16, 2013

Friday, 2/15/13

Today I wore flats to school. You can't imagine the number of comments I got after having worn such fanciness all day yesterday. I'm not usually in flats to begin with, although I've tried to wear them more to be preventative to problems in the future blah, blah, blah, so I get that people make their comments.  Once the kids got here, it started all over again. Questions about if the shoes hurt yesterday, or if it hurt to be in flats today kept coming up. So funny!! I must admit, when I first began wearing flats, it always felt like I was falling backwards, but now I'm more used to it.

Last night I emailed my parents the pic of the shoes. My dad called and sounded very confused by them. He asked me if they are 'practical.' Oh Dad-----shoes aren't supposed to be practical, they're supposed to be cute!!! You'd think we weren't even related! Good thing I get my logical problem solving and work ethic from him, otherwise he'd probably never claim me!!

Today we went to an I.E.P.T.O. sponsored assembly that taught the kids about fables. It was so great for the kids to learn about this interesting genre of story-telling. I'm so thankful for any opportunity we have to bring culture and new experiences to our students. We are blessed to have the I.E.P.T.O. financially take care of bringing these experiences to the kids. Thank you so much to all who have contributed to their fund-raising efforts!!! It truly goes to a worthy and educational cause!

Enjoy the long weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment