Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thursday, Valentine's Day!!!

This is how the day started for the kids. Penelope hasn't been up to greet the kids for a while, so I thought today was the perfect day for her to make an appearance.


The kids came in soooo excited today, it was a blast! In fact, they were scheming something up in the room and wouldn't even let me come in at first. I loved every single second of it. It turns out a couple of my little lovelies had worked incredibly hard on making a super-cool poster (classroom incentive chart) for me. It's amazing and started my day off just perfectly! We had to do a smidge of academics (can you even imagine such a thing??) to keep on schedule, but when we were back in the room I was showered with gifts. It made my heart swell, I swear! One little one had been teasing me all week that she was going to get me shoes (I LOVE shoes!!), and my gosh, she sure did!! Check it out:

Shoes and popcorn! My two favorite vices!!!

I put them on immediately and all of the kids had a blast laughing at this fun and utterly perfect gift as I did my best model walking and posing around the room. I ran around all day long showing off this thoughful gift. I have to admit, Valentine's Day is so special because at this time in the year, the kids and I know each other inside and out. Another student also gave me popcorn because he knows it's my favorite food, and someone else said he wanted to give me candy, but he knew I wasn't eating sugar so he gave me an apple! I have some great chocolate to look forward to when Lent is through, the world's cutest no-sweat cup and you can't ever go wrong with a Starbucks card!!!!!!!!!!!!! How incredible is that?? I'm an extremely lucky lady!!!

So, other than telling you all how very much I love L.O.V.E. your children, I'm going to sign off and treat myself to an early night off of work for Valentine's Day. Have a wonderful night and know that you are loved, deeply respected and appreciated by your child's teacher.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment