Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday, 2/4/13

We, or should I say, I did it! I didn't think I would, but I survived a day of work the day after the Super Bowl. Don't we all agree that this should be a national holiday? Who on earth is productive today?? Well, I must say, a particular group of second graders, that's who. Again, I didn't think it would happen, but the kids were totally chill and I was the most mellow in the group (that's usually not the case) so I think that's why, but I learned long ago to never question a productive day.

I'm thinking back over the day and trying to think of some amazing lesson to impress you, but nothing special comes to mind. It was an ordinary day in grade 2-----but let's never underestimate the power of ordinary. Math lessons, (learning from) spelling errors, writing discoveries and reading strengths result from the ordinary days.  It's where the lightbulbs turn on and the confidence builds. Yes, I adore an extraordinary day, but I'll take ordinary happenings whevever I can get them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment