Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday, 2/22/13

Oh Friday, how I love you so!! I just got into my classroom and it's a pigpen from the day, so I'm going to be brief.  Today, since we finally had some snow, I was able to do one of my favorite science activities with the kids. It involved thermometers, tap water, snow and hot water. Even my quietest of students let about a bit of a "shriek" of excitement when watching the thermometer's molecules move from having snow in his cup to having hot water poured in. We had some great discussions about atmosphere, molecules and their movement based on temperature, snow and rain. It was AWESOME, and I hope that you hear all about it.

Speaking of awesome, check this out:  Those are dominoes spelling out my name. I have such genius children in my class, and this was developed from the creative brain of one of those geniuses!!!! It's the coolest!!


Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment