Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday, 2/20/13

I just looked at the clock and panicked. I have a lot to do and not much time to do it in tonight. The little devil that sits on my shoulder is telling me not to panic, just skip my workout and get my work done. I'm going to ignore that devil, but I just had to tell you in case you can relate to that little evil voice. :/

We had our Character Counts assembly at the end of the day today. When it first began I had a near calamity as the microphone wasn't working. I had all of the students, staff, a few parents and my boss looking at me as I tried to not let the freaking out show across my face. I had 15-20 little children about to read to the school, I couldn't do it without a mic! I ran up to the control panel and tried to turn some knobs in hopes that it would help. Nope! Then I told the kids I had one more idea and asked if they would cross their fingers for me. I jiggled the connecting chords and viola--it worked! Phew!! I didn't have a plan B, so those kids and their crossed fingers sure helped me out! The kids who read did such a great job and the kids who Shuffled worked it up on stage. It was a lot of fun.

Well, in an effort to hear my shoulder angel's voice telling me to get to my workout, I'm going to sign off for tonight. Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment