Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday, 2/19/13

Happy Monday! Oh, I mean Tuesday. Geesh, did it ever feel like a Monday! The kids seemed to have a harder time than usual getting back into routine after the long weekend.  It probably didn't help that we started the day with an incredibly difficult math lesson and we ended the morning with reading testing. Blech! Not the greatest day we've ever had. Luckily the afternoon had gym and music for some relief.

Today I sent home the career day choices for the kids. I'm so excited that it's our career day time of year. We are so fortunate to do such fun things for the kids in second grade. We had Starlab here for a week in October, our trip to the planetarium in January, career day will be in March and the end of the year is chock full of special "privileges" for the second graders before they leave us for Franzen. Ugh-that's a subject that I'm not ready to think about yet. We've gelled into such a fun, strong, thoughtful class, I hate to think of them leaving me at the end of May. Blaahhh---not thinking about that right now.

Tomorrow is Caring Day at Benson. We celebrate the pillars of Character Counts throughout the year and January and February's have been Caring. I run the assemblies, but I'm feeling incredibly rusty. I did something completely out-of-the-ordinary for the assembly back in October. Then we were supposed to have another one in December, but I'd lost my voice, so we had to cancel. I've been doing them for over 10 years now, so I'm certain that it won't be a big deal, but it's just so weird to think that I'm so out of the routine.  On that note-I'd better go get things prepared. =)

Have a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment