Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday, 2/11/13

Well, it took a lot of time, work and patience, but the kids' letters to their pen pals are finally completed and ready to send off. I thought that doing them on the computer, rather than handwritten, might be a smidge of a time-saver. In the end I think that it was but it still was quite the process. I'll be happy to seal them with a kiss when I put them in the mail. I am very proud of the writing that the kids did. I know that it's not an easy job, especially when we are the first to write so there aren't questions to answer, but they did great! Mission accomplished!!!

We are getting pretty excited about the holiday-o-love that's coming up! On the adult side, we (the social committee) are planning a luncheon for the staff for Wednesday. I don't think I did the planning very well since it's Ash Wednesday and I'm supposed to fast, but I'm allowed to have one meal, so voila! It will be lunch. =) On the kid side, I'm gathering some fun activities to do on Thursday to make the day special. Since I'm still waiting on Mr. Right to show his face, I love having 23 special little Valentines all of my own to shower with love and fun!!

Today during their library time, Mrs. Reuter told the class about Kids Teach Too, which is right around the corner. The kids took home information which further explains the event. Anyone who is interested can sign up using the Registration page in the packet. I'm running that too, so if you have any questions, please let me know. 

I think that's it for this lovely Monday. I'm anxious to grade the math test the that kids took today. They were definitely prepared, so I'm hoping that they all did wonderfully on it. I'm sure they will------nothing but the best in Room 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment