Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday, 2/8/13

Last night I found out that one of my former students is going to come and present at this year's career day. I'm soooooo excited about this I could burst! When my former students make milestones like this people often ask me if it makes me feel old----heck no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's what I've been waiting for all of these years--to see how my kids turn out. When I took up residence in Room 16 nearly seventeen years ago, I never would have dreamed that email and Facebook would be available for me to keep in touch with and "see" my kids through the years. I am always heartbroken at the end of each year because after that last day of school, I don't even get to see my kids around our building again. I get pretty tightly bonded to these little monkeys of mine, so to have the ability to keep tabs on them and see the adults they are becoming is like nothing I could begin to explain. My heart literally feels bigger when I think about it.

In the blink of an eye these little beings that I spend my days with are going to be all grown up and taking on the world. I know that we all want time to stand still, but at the same time, I just cannot wait to see the direction their wide-open paths take them. You've heard me marvel about the changes I've seen in them since August, which is why I know that their futures are so bright and ripe with potential that I only wish I had a crystal ball to get a sneak peek of what lies ahead! Regardless of where the road takes them, I hope they will always know that without fail, I will always be in their corners and have their backs!!

I hope you have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment