Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday, 2/5/13


Sometimes funny things just seem to happen and when I'm very lucky, they turn out for the best. This morning while the class was getting settled and I was waiting for the paper passer to finish up passing out the math papers, I randomly sat down in a student's desk. Thinking she was being funny, she went up to the SmartBoard and acted like she was going to start teaching. I simply sat at her desk silently, and before I knew it, she was teaching the lesson. It was AWESOME! I knew that the concept would not be a difficult one for my little geniuses to pick up, so I let the whole scenario play out. When she started using terms and phrases that I use when teaching math, I nearly burst into tears. It was so meaningful for me, and hopefully for her (and actually, all of the kids--seeing what they're capable of doing) too.

2 comments: