Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday, 1/30/13

I don't know about you, but I'm still not used to this 2013 thing. I don't think I've mistakenly written 2012 (yet), but it's more the look of it. I've never been overly superstitious (note the qualifier: 'overly' LOL!), but maybe it's the 13 thing??? Although that really doesn't make sense either because my favorite Bears player is Johnny Knox #13 (I know he's not playing anymore, but I love him!!) and my favorite Bulls player is Joakim Noah #13, so clearly I love that number, but for whatever reason seeing it as the date just looks bizarro to me. Maybe because it's an odd number, but I'm an odd chick, so I should love it under that logic. Maybe I'm illogical? Maybe I should stop thinking!

Today was what we call llllllooooooonnnnnngggggg!! Due to testing, our gym time was switched with another second-grade class. Normally we go at 12:40-1:10. Today we went from 9:45-10:15, and other than that minuscule moment in time, we were stuck with each other the whole rest of the day. I say 'stuck with each other' with nothing but love---the kids may disagree however; they may have wanted that afternoon break from me. =)  For the most part, I was very pleased with how hard and quietly they were working, but when the cabin fever set in, it S.E.T. I.N.!! It's at times like that when I'm thankful that my brain can take in as much stimuli as it does. I always have no less than 5-7 children within 10 inches of me, who knows how many more talking at me and then of course, it's those who aren't right next to me or talking to me who I REALLY need to keep my eyes on. LOL! I'm exhausted right now. Exhausted, yet feeling pretty happy while writing this reflection. The kids did do good work and did show great kindness to each other throughout the day, despite the cabin fever.  All of that being said---my present stream of consciousness is leading down a very dull path, so I'll do us all a favor and sign off now.

P.S. My first paragraph musings about the year were written first thing this morning. The second paragraph was obviously written after 4 p.m. Rereading them right now is kind of making me laugh. It pretty much sums up how the day was and how my brain operates. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment