Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday, 1/24/13

Today I have a funny story for you. Before I get to the funny, I have to give you some background. Yesterday my eye was twitching in the middle of class. I told the kids that I loved Donkey in Shrek (one) for many reasons, but mainly because when he was getting stressed out he said, "Look at me, my eye is twitchin'," and my eye twitches when I'm stressed, so I fell in love with Donkey! (we just get each other!! ;) )

Here comes the funny--brace yourself:

This afternoon the kids were in the depths of making a (paper) snowman and this is what I overheard: "My eye is twitching........and I'm not even stressed!!!"  Now, it could be because of said stress that I've been feeling, it could be cabin fever, it could be that it was the end of the day or, and this is probably it...because I find 2nd graders hilarious, but this was the best moment of my day. It cracked me up and gave me just the endorphins (don't you get endorphins from laughing??) I needed to get through the rest of the day.

If any of you are at tonight's PTO meeting and you suddenly see a smile come across my face at a random time---you'll know what I'm thinking about. =)

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment