Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday, 1/22/13

Well, despite it being the coldest day in two years, this was a good Tuesday that felt like a Monday. I don't know about you, but after a breakfast meeting yesterday, I was home curled up on the couch loving all of the Inauguration stuff. Yupp----Dorky McDorster strikes again!! Regardless of political affiliations, the pride, honor and tradition shown on Inauguration Day is just striking!! Did you see Joe Biden's bible??? OMG, that was, by far, the biggest bible I've ever seen (and I attend Catholic church!!). And did you see Martin Luther King Jr's bible? I was struck by how worn and loved that it was. There were just too many amazing things yesterday with it being MLK Day and the Inauguration; I even found myself getting choked up now and then. This country, regardless of how frustrating it can be at times, is truly the greatest place on earth! Hands down, no contest! The VERY BEST!!!   Oh, oh, oh---and Beyonce??? Girl worked it! And Kelly Clarkson!!! That girl's got pipes!! Wowzers!!!

Today the kids took the Children's Progress assessment in the computer lab. I did a brief review of their scores and was pretty happy with what I saw. I also found an area that I need to bulk up my instruction on, so it was doubly beneficial to check those score right away. We will be sending the scores home in about 2 weeks. I'll let you know when it gets closer so you can be on the lookout.

That's it for now. I have to go clean up, get things graded and prepare myself (and whatever it is that freezes inside the nasal area...LOL!) for the arctic air.

Have a warm night, and be sure to send up a thought of thanks that you have a roof over your head and heat in your vents. Some are not so lucky, and remember there is never anything too small to say thank you for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment