Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday, 1/7/13

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!!!

I hope you all had a relaxing and wonderful break. I was able to spend a lot of time with my family, and I never ever take that for granted. I was in Ohio when they had a blizzard. Usually I'm complaining because there's a white Christmas here in Illinois and I'm in no-snow Ohio, but this year was quite the reverse. I guess I got what I wanted, despite the storm coming a day late and arriving on the 26th. ;)

As much a I hated hearing my alarm clock go off this morning, I was sooo ready and excited to see the kids!! Typically this day is one of my very favorites of the year. We're all excited to see each other and the kids are nice and mellow from break. In addition to all of that, this year we had a new student start in our room today. We were excited to meet him and welcome him to our little family. I hope he felt at home and adjusts to life in our crazy little world.

I'm sure that, like me, you've heard about the "worst flu in years." (I swear they say that every single year!) Anyhow, this morning on the news they said that Illinois is getting hit particulary hard. Our classroom had a lot of illness before break, so I'm hoping that we all have our antibodies awakened and working especially hard and this flu will pass us right by. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and knock on some wood!

Have a great night and happy 2013!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment