Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday, 1/25/13

Do any of you remember hoping for Schoolhouse Rock to come on during the commercials of the Saturday morning cartoons? I totally remember it, and now I have the joy of introducing the videos to my students. I was teaching pronouns a few weeks ago and showed them the clip on the Smartboard. They LOVED it!!

Today we did a big lesson on adjectives. I popped up some popcorn while the kids were in music class so the classroom was all popy-corny when they came back in. I had printed out some popcorn clip art and had the kids cut them out, and list 3 adjectives about popcorn on each. After they'd done that, they got to snack on the popcorn while watching the Schoolhouse Rock video about adjectives. On a funny sidenote: Of course there were those kids who simply could not think of any adjectives--so I told them that I'd get to eat anyone's popcorn who didn't have their listing done (sidenote for the sidenote: they know that popcorn is my very favorite thing ever)------shock of all shocks, the words started POPPING into their brains.

It was a FUN afternoon! That's how Friday's should be, right??

Stay safe this weekend, they're saying it's going to get icy, but I think a thaw might be on the way.

Adios mi amigos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment