Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday, 10/9/12

Happy Tuesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday!!! Oh my gosh, how great was this weekend? Yes, it was a bit crisp, but it's October, so I guess cooler air is what's to be expected. My parents were in town so we went up to Lake Geneva for the weekend. It was GORGEOUS! The ride up was full of brilliant color. On Sunday we took the 2-hour boat tour of the lake. It had been cloudy in the morning, but the clouds cleared by our 1:00 tour time and it was beyond beautiful! Now I'm just trying to figure out what I've got to do to get myself a house up there...something tells me it will involve either winning the lottery or marrying a millionaire (so if you'd got one of those just hanging around that you're looking to unload...hook a sister up!). =)

Did you happen to catch that Bears game??? Yup! Our classroom graph is going to hit the ceiling this year, I'm completely convinced!! LOVE!!!  Next up, the Bulls' pre-season. How lucky are we to live in the greatest sports city in the world!!! God Bless Chi-town!!

Today the kids made a super-cute fall scarecrow craft. It was a major following-directions undertaking, and I'm pleased to say it went very well. I can't wait to get them hung up to decorate our room.

This week's reading textbook story is an interesting photographic essay called "Helping Out." It demonstrates many ways that children can help adults accomplish tasks. I don't know about you, but I plan to take full advantage of this lesson. ;)  Just kidding--the kids are AMAZING at helping me out with anything and everything I need.  Just this morning I'd misplaced the kids' math pages. One of them suggested to me, "You need a tracking device!!" Do you see what I mean, they help even when I don't ask for it... LOL!  There is certainly never a dull moment around here!!!

Well, that's about it from here today. I hope you have a nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment