Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday, 10/26/12

I know I prattle on about the weather, but I just have to tell you this. When I left Itasca last night, my car said it was 76 degrees. By the time I drove the 4 miles home to Roselle, it had dropped to 65!!! Eleven degrees in four miles--is that crazy, or what??

Check out Penelope the Praying Mantis and her message for the kids this morning:
Pretty funny, right? Just so you know, I gave the kids strict instructions that they are not to let anyone see their report card until you've seen it. We talked about how it is private information. We also discussed that what is on their report card is about first quarter, and first quarter is over. It is time to use that information to set some goals; to work to either maintain how they did or work toward some improvements. Either way, work will be needed.

I brought in a pumpkin to our classroom this morning and you'd have thought I performed a miracle. It was hilarious to listen to the kids. They asked where it came from, if it was real and if it was staying in our classroom. Oh, it truly is the simple things in life, eh?

We had a fire drill this afternoon (the fire dept came out to see how well we do our drills). It went flawlessly. The kids were a little chilly, but I explained that we have to be prepared no matter the weather. They stood quietly and patiently. They definitely filled my bucket! ;)

I'm off to clean up this room and start the weekend. It definitely cannot start a second too soon!!!!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment