Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday, 10/12/12

Howdy and happy Friday! Well, today we had a lock down drill. It is terrifying to think that we live in a time when we need to practice such a thing, but low-and-behold, better safe than sorry. The kids handled it perfectly. I was incredibly proud. Without fail, every year after the drill there are approximately one-and-a-half bazillion "what-if" questions, this year was no different. If that's what it takes to give the kids peace that I'll be protecting them and keeping them safe, then so be it.

To cap off this lovely week, I decided to conduct a little experiment. Recently our classroom VCR/DVD player was connected to the Smartboard so, I had to test it out, right??? I'll give you a hint to what I showed the kids.... "I got a rock."  

If you guessed "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," you're clearly a genius. ;) Oh my gosh, I don't care how old I get, I'm a SUCKER for a Charlie Brown show. These characters are truly timeless. My favorite has always been Sally Brown (my sweet baboo). I remember when the big Peanuts/Character Counts mural was first painted at our school, I was heart-broken that Sally wasn't included. Little did I know that the artist had plans for my Sally. She was on the other wall holding an American flag; two of my favorite things---I could not have been happier!!  So back to the movie. The kids were ROLLING with laughter. I wasn't sure-just because I love it doesn't guarantee they will. Is it just special to me because of my childhood?  Apparently not----they loved it! One of the zillion reasons why I love them!

Well, I'm not going to postpone the weekend for one minute more. It's supposed to be super rainy---good thing because my house needs a serious cleaning after having house guests last weekend. I'll be lighting some pumpkin candles, getting some pumpkin coffee (have you tried Dunkin Donuts?? It's to-die-for!!) and getting that to-do list conquered. Enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend, Miss Mitchell! Your blog is fun to read. Ellie gives me a strange look when I bring something up from your blog; She can't figure out how I know what happened in her classroom that day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh--I love it! Anything I can do to help keep the kids on their toes--I'm in!! Thank you for writing. I always wonder if anyone's reading. And now that I know that I'm feeding you with secret info... my purpose is set. ;) LOL! Have a good day!

      Delete