Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday, 10/2/12

How about them Bears!!! What a great game! And in that crazy stadium in Dallas--and while the players were in PINK! OMG, I just loved it all!! Check out the graph:

Didn't I tell you that 3-1 would look better than 2-2? I hope that the wins column just keeps going and going all the way to the ceiling!!!
A funny side-note about that graph. Do you see the gigantic pine cone that's sitting in front of it? I like it to be laying down so you can see the graph, but mysteriously every single day, it winds up sitting straight up in between the two columns. It was up after school yesterday, so I put it down this morning when I added the C. Within minutes of school starting, it was back up again. I don't know who the little rascal is that prefers it standing up to my liking it laying down.... but our little battle kind of cracks me up!

Today the kids are taking home both a math test and last week's reading assessments. Any time tests come home, it would be great to review them with your child. Test taking skills are developed early and there is much to learn from mistakes. I was very proud of how the children did on the tests, and those who didn't do as well as I'd hoped can definitely learn from the tests that have come home. Any situation can be turned into a positive learning experience when approached from the right angle. When I was a kid and didn't do too great on tests (very often), my dad wouldn't get upset with me (most times), but rather help me learn from what I'd done and encourage me to do better next time. I wasn't the world's greatest student, school did NOT come easy for me, so the understanding that "there's always next time" to learn and improve helped keep me focused on trying harder rather than letting one individual test defeat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment