Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday, 10/5/12

TGIF!!!!  And TGIALW (thank goodness it's a long weekend!)!!!!

Today I showed the kids a cool map I have that shows the route Christopher Columbus thought he was taking on that fateful voyage and where he ultimately ended up. Thank goodness for his voyage and the day off of school that we get 500 years later for all of his efforts!!

I continued to do some more learning on the Smartboard today. I looked online and found a lesson on nouns. The kids were able to come up and do some interactive work with it. I feel so blessed to be able to enhance my students' learning with this amazing machine. After many, many years of having nothing more than an overhead projector, this sure is a welcomed change! I know I've still only scratched the surface of its potential, but so far I'm loving the surface!!

While listening to the kids doing their journal reading today, I caught myself feeling so proud of how far their creative skills have come already this year. Some are already using great details, descriptions and comparisons in their writing. I can't wait to see where they take their writing throughout the rest of the year!!

Have a great looooonnnggg weekend, and GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment