Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday, 9/28/12

Happiest of Fridays to ya!!! I'm in such a great mood today! I don't know if it's the excitement of the Ryder Cup (and having Justin Timberlake within 2 miles of my house...), the gorgeous sun that is shining or just that it's Friday, but it's one of those days that I look out the window of my classroom and try to absorb the beauty. I know that in a few short weeks those trees will be bare, and it will be a long time before the color green is surrounding us again.

In other news-----we received a replacement Smartboard yesterday!! The one we've been using has been functional, however difficult, especially when I needed to use it as a white board and write things for the kids. The board was very inconsistent in where the "ink" would lay, so for example, sometimes a 5 would look like a big polka-dotted mess. Thank goodness for a good warranty and a supportive tech team, we are now in business and ready to use the Smartboard like crazy! (we started learning about Christopher Columbus via the Smartboard today!! So awesome!!)

This week has been full of the kids' first round of reading assessments. I think that I will be as happy as they will be to get back to doing a story rather than tests next week. For it being the first round in second grade, they really did a good job. Some will benefit from review of the tests, but we all learn from experience, right?

After school today I'm looking forward to flipping all of the calendars to October and decorating the classroom. The fall is always so much fun!

One final thought about the Ryder Cup-----yesterday on Facebook I saw a pic of some of my former students and their awesome moms standing with JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!! I suddenly realized that not only am I stuck at work all week (Lake Park has school off to accommodate the event), but I'm depriving Michael Phelps, Justin Timberlake, Michael Jordan and many others the joy of hanging out with a hometown girl!! (LOL!) Oh my gosh, you don't think that Johnny Knox, Brian Urlacher, Matt Forte or Joakim Noah were there, do you? Oh gosh, up until now I've just been so excited to have all of the hubbub so close to home, but now it's hitting me that I'm missing out on something MAJOR! I've been blessed enough to be at the last two US Open events that have been held at Medinah, but they happened before school started. Hmmmm---now my wheels are turning. I've got to find my way in there in this weekend.... wish me luck!!  ;)  It's not even the golf~ that's all way too slow and quiet (I was sshhhh-ed at one of those events I mentioned earlier) for me, but there's major SHOPPING to be done in the tents!!! Oh well, I guess my shopping will be done at Wal-Mart this weekend, just like all of the other hometown girls...

Enjoy the gorgeous weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment