Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday, 9-12-12

Happy Wednesday!

This will be brief tonight (if I can even pull off brief....). Tonight is the first of those budget meetings I've been telling you about, so I'm hoping to get over there on time. I can't believe how quickly this week is going. We have our trip to the Nature Center on Friday, but of course the weather is playing games with me. Earlier in the week they said 60% chance of rain, then this morning I heard it will come in Thursday night and end Friday morning. It's probably going to be a game-time decision if the weather is questionable. I have been there when a storm came in mid-way through our presentation----not fun!!!!

We've begun a unit on dinosaurs in science. We played a fun game of 20 questions yesterday to practice deductive reasoning along with to find out our new unit of study. I love that 20 questions game---so simple and yet so developmentally critical. It's fascinating to see the thought process that develops as the year goes on.

We're getting to the end of the current chapter in math, which makes me want to remind you to review your child's math papers as they come home. Sometimes a little boost or review is incredibly beneficial.

Okay, so not my most entertaining blog, but I've got to wrap it up. I hope you're having a good week. Hasta manana! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment