Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday, 9/18/12

Hi everyone!

Guess what tomorrow is??? One of my FAVORITE days of the whole year....school picture day! It's the day the kids come in looking all cute as buttons in their finest. The hair is all done up or slicked back and the whole joint gets a bit classier for the day. ;)

This morning was uber exciting. It started with a math test (I know, I have a strange interpretation of the word "exciting."). The reason I was excited was because we've been working so hard on this chapter in math that I knew the test would be ""easy" and the kids would do great. I haven't graded them yet, but I know they rocked it! Then the other excitement---our first firedrill of the year!! Remember those days? You'd just be working away and suddenly that LOUD alarm would go off--everyone dropped everything and scampered outside. (if any of the kids are reading this-----see that word I used....scamper??? I did my own dare!!)  I must tell you that my class scampered amazingly. Because this was the first firedrill of the year, we had a head's up for it with the intention of teaching the kids where to go from their new classroom, so we'd spent some time talking about my expectations of a quiet, orderly, straight line. Of course, the kids were perfect!!! I was so proud!

That's it for today--I have math tests to grade! Have a good night! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment