Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday, 9/7/12

What a fun night last night was. I know I get going on topics and then deviate from my "syllabus" (ugh!), but I just really want you all to get a sense of what your child's world is like every day in my classroom. Of course then the night is over, I'm completely amped up so I can't sleep and then today my eyes have had that tired stinging feeling and it took everything I had not to fall asleep. LOL! Thankfully it's Friday, it's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend and the BEARS are playing on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today we began talking about the scientific process. Science is one of those areas that always leads to the most interesting conversations. I was impressed with what the kids already knew and then how they interpreted what I was explaining to them. They're just such cool kids! It makes me even more excited for the things I know we will be experiencing together later on this year.

Oh! We had our first journal reading today! It was soooo fun! Wow, was I ever impressed with the stories that I heard, especially since we're still only minutes into this new school year. No one told me that they were nervous about the "public" reading and they seemed to have a blast doing it. So far I've remained safe in the stories.... I'll keep you posted (Although I was chasing a pelican that was loose in our classroom in one story!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!).

I'm just about to wrap up here and get this weekend started!! I hope you have a great one!

Til next week,

Ms. Mitchell

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Mitchell,
    This blog is fantastic! I thoroughly enjoy reading about my son's days. We are so impressed by you, your fun energy and obvious care and concern for all the kids. Looking forward to a great year - with gratitude!! Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Bonder! Thank you soooo much! You are too kind! I am also looking forward to a great year! And now that I've got a bit of a handle on this blog gig, I can't wait to take you along for the ride!! Hold on tight--it's gonna be an adventure! =)

    ReplyDelete