Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday, 9/6/12

Today felt like a whirlwind. We got many things accomplished and have the room sparkling for our guests' arrival tonight. We read a great book today called Pigalicious that was donated to our classroom from one of the students (THANK YOU!). It was one that I fell deeply in love with while we were browsing at the book fair yesterday. It has actual photographs of the cutest little piggies you've ever seen, meanwhile teaches all about these beautiful misunderstood creatures. Did you know that pigs are trainable and are considered even smarter than dogs? Neither did I!!! I graciously received a few of the other book fair books that I fell in love with, and I will be reading them to the kids over the next few days as well. Thank you for your generosity!! I just love reading books for the first time with the kids. I get excited--then they get excited! It's all happiness and joy and simply from reading together. LOVE!!

Well, not to cut it short, but I've got a party to host in a few hours. Gotta get back to work!! Have a nice night, and I hope to be seeing many of you soon at my party! ;) 

4 comments:

  1. The classroom looked amazing tonight! Thanks for making our kids learning area energizing, encouraging, and informative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet. I'm sorry we didn't get to chat. It was nice seeing you! (I saw your note on N's desk---I'm so thankful that you feel that way, especially with this being his first experience in our school!). Thanks for posting here----it was a fun surprise to find this morning. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your hospitality last night. It really comes across how much you LOVE what you do, an I am so grateful that my little girl is with you this year. I know she is in absolutely great hands. I love the blog. Now if I can just remember to read it everyday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I'm geeking out when I get a posted comment. I'm such a dork! It's like when I first had emails and texts. ;) I'm so glad that she is having a good year. I am so excited to have her in my class!!

      Delete