Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday, 11/6/12

Oh my gosh--what a day! Our class's polling place (the music room) wasn't available to us until 2:10, so I did my best to campaign all day. There was one time when the campaign started to turn negative with Duck, but we nipped that in the bud. ;)  No negative campaigning here!!

Below are some images from our election day event:


Of course Penelope had to get in on the action. Note the campaign posters on the top and sides of the Smartboard.


The kids came in to see their campaign posters all around the room.



More campaign posters


They were EVERYWHERE!

I have some more super-cute pictures from the day, but for some reason the computer is suddenly not recognizing my camera. 

When the time finally came, we all grabbed our voter registration cards and headed to the polling place. The kids each went into a voting booth and marked his/her ballot. They then cast the ballot into the ballot box, received an official "I Voted" sticker and the rest was history. We even had some guest voters: Dr. Turner, Mrs. Fricano and Mrs. Riggio joined in for the fun. Of course Mrs. Drummond and I cast our votes as well. When we were done, we headed back to count the votes. The kids had a tally page to keep track. It came right down to the wire (I was getting quite nervous). I can proudly announce the final results:
Duck: 6
Grace: 8
Ms. Mitchell: 10

Luckily no one demanded a recount!! No hanging chads in Room 16!! ;) If only my stinking camera were cooperating--you could see how cute it all turned out. I'll have them up tomorrow, if it's the last thing I do!! 

Now I'm going to head off to my workout and then hunker down for a night of election results. Regardless of which way a person voted, isn't it just a glorious blessing to live in a country where you have the right to do so? There are people all across this planet who die for what we sometimes take for granted. I'll forever be eternally grateful to the trailblazers that made my voting ritual one of respect and humility. Regardless of results, let us never forget what it could be.

God Bless America!





No comments:

Post a Comment