Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday, 11/13/12

It's a not-much-to-report Tuesday.

Instead, I will tell you about a "small" act of kindness that occurred in my world. Yesterday I started the day discovering that one of my students brought me a home-baked pumpkin bread. Needless to say, there was a happy dance, perhaps some small freaking out and a boat-load of gratitude. It was the first of many, many (many.....) cold mornings, but that act of thoughtfulness made me nothing but warm.  I would imagine, to the family who made this loaf of pumpkin-y goodness, that this was a token of gratitude for their child's teacher. I can reassure that family and all who are reading this, it was anything but small to me. First and foremost--the notion that I was thought of on a WEEKEND simply daunts me. Next, baking is no small feat. There's a lot of math, ingredients and time involved--not to mention, for those who do it well---some sprinkles of magic somewhere in there (mine had a ton of magic!!!). I really really cannot express how grateful I felt in receiving such a thoughtful (and YUMMY) gesture. It's definitely something that I will "pay forward."

Never ever ever underestimate the power of "small" gestures. It never fails that what may seem small to you, is GIGANTIC to someone else. And what may seem like random timing to you---may be the EXACT moment that the other person needed some inspiration of goodness and love in her (or his) heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment