Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday, 11/12/12

Happy Monday!

Bears game:  I hope that Jay Cutler is doing better. Concussions completely scare me.
In the words of Forrest Gump, "And that's all I have to say about that."

Today we had some of Itasca's Veterans come to school to lead "The Pledge of Allegiance" and demonstrate the color guard with the kids. Oh my gosh, I stream down tears every single year. I love seeing those sweet men and hearing about how they're served. I can't help but think of my grandfather who fought in World War II. The strength and bravery of all soldiers is almost beyond comprehension to me. I've had past students who have served as well as past students' parents, and today I learned of some present students' family members who have served. I send out nothing but love, respect and prayers of thanks for all of our military. Like I said, it's almost beyond my comprehension what they do for our country and every single one of us. (a bit of irony: Michael Jackson's "Heal the World" is playing on my iPod as I write this to you)




The kids singing patriotic songs. Tears!!!


How adorable are they? I would love to have coffee with every single one of them!!

Tears, respect, gratitude, patriotism, faith, pride=all the words I think of when looking at this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment