Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday, 11/9/12

Thank you so very much to all who attended their parent/teacher conference with me last night. Thank you also for bringing your second grader with you. That time that we spend together is very valuable, and I appreciate the rapport that we develop. You are all such amazing parents. The saying "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" never becomes as true to me as parent/teacher conference time. Keep up that hard, but great, work of parenting. I know it's not easy, and sometimes not fun, but the humans that you are raising will be the better for it!!!

This Sunday is Veterans' Day, so before I go any further, please let me extend my most heart-felt, sincere THANK YOU to all who have served. I have family members, students' parents and even former students who have served, and I can't begin to tell you how amazing I think they are. It takes a special person to demonstrate the kind of heart, bravery, loyalty and patriotism that these men and women do (I don't believe that any of these end when their service ends). I carry all of those whom I mentioned in my heart each day and speak their names in my prayers. On Monday we will be paid a visit by some of Itasca's Veterans. They will demonstrate the color guard for the children. They've done this the past few years and it is always very moving. If you are available at 9:30, I highly recommend that you stop by Benson. The assembly isn't long, but the experience will stay with you after you've met these amazing service members.

And finally-----"It's only weird if it doesn't work" so GOOOOOOOOO BEAAARRRRRRSSSSSS!!! With one more win the classroom graph will officially cover one whole window in our classroom and begin inching toward the next. Go get it boys! =)

Enjoy the weekend!! It's supposed to be very warm. It's my hope to get my outdoor lights hung while it's warm, but I'm going to be a bit busy and it's supposed to be rainy. Wish me luck. Oh hey----if you love "The Wizard of Oz" and have never seen it on the big screen of a movie theater---you've got to check out www.atriptothemovies.com . It's a website for two local movie theaters that will be showing it this weekend. There are actual Munchkins (from the movie) at the showings and everything!!! I go every year and it's AMAZING!!! Added bonus--it's the kind of theater where you sit down, order food and drink and have lunch (or dinner or a snack) while watching the movie!!! If you're looking for something to do----trust me, you'll love this!

Okay--signing off now. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment