Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday, 9/9/13

Well, how'd you like that game? I had a ton of work to do, so I plopped it all down on the couch and put the game on. I looked up once in a while, like for Gould's record-breaking kick, but other than that, I couldn't give it the attention that it deserved, other than to know it was a W!!! I make a graph in the classroom for the Bears games, but wouldn't you know it, the materials I need for it are M.I.A. A consequence of the move. No problem-I can remake them, it's just not gonna happen today. =)

This afternoon we did some browsing at the book fair. Our 'buy' time is on Wednesday, so if there are any books on your child's list which you'd like him/her to buy, please send in the titles and money on Wednesday. Just FYI-the book fair will also be open on Thursday night, so if you want to do the shopping, you'll have the opportunity. Oh, and one more FYI: I gave the kids a little schpeel that they need to be okay with the answer of "no" if that's what their parents say when they ask for money. I asked them to be cool about it, and as a back-up plan, they could pick a book that they really, really want and then ask if there are any chores that they can do to earn the money. I again told them that they need to be okay and not have a fit if the answer is "no," but I wanted to let you know in case your child is suddenly asking to clean a bathroom or take out the garbage. LOL!

In case you haven't heard---Curriculum Night is Thursday. Have I bugged you enough about it yet? It's just such a great opportunity for us to meet, for you to hear about how I run my classroom, grading system, etc, and to see your child's home-away-from-home. Not to mention, I always feel like once we've had Curriculum Night and you've met me----you can "hear" my voice when I'm writing you emails, my weekly note or this blog. In the past I've heard that my students do impressions of me at home, and don't you want to know if they've got it right or not? You do---so I'll see you on Thursday!! ;)

Well, that's about it for a Monday. I just realized that I didn't send the kids with the just-right book that was on the weekly note, so I'm going to go and write an apology email. Mondays----they get the best of me every time! Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment