Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday, 9/27/13

Yikes! What a week!!! I set up the page to write my blog every single morning, and then every morning I'd come in and delete the date from the day before and write the current day's date. And here it is Friday, and I haven't written since Monday. I'm beyond ready for the weekend!!! And before I forget, let me do this first:

GGGGGOOOOOOOOOO BBBBBBBBEEEAAAAAARRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phew! Now, on to the business of the day~ Today was Special Friends' Day! It's always so cute to see the adults come in who haven't hung out in a second-grade classroom in a very long time. I like to watch the expression on their faces as they have one hour to let the adult junk go to the back of their brains and just enjoy spending time hanging out with someone they love. To be honest, back in the day I'd do some big ol' lesson, but with time I've re-evaluated and decided to still do an activity to make the kids (and friends) think, but I really the time should be about them and their special friends. It's one of the best decisions I've made. Seeing the interaction that occurs is so heart-warming. And today was a doubly exciting Special Friends' Day because two of my former students were here!! It is beyond amazing for me to see these little people who I spent a very special year with grow up into intelligent, caring, beautiful big people!! <3

Well, I'm outta here--time to get the weekend started! Enjoy, it's supposed to be beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment