Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday, 9/23/13

Happy autumn! This is my kind of weather!! I love the little crisp in the air, but not too much. Just enough for a sweatshirt and flip flops. Just enough that a hot cup of coffee (pumpkin, of course) can make the morning feel snuggly and right. Just enough that once the sun comes up, the crisp is gone and the day is utter perfection. I'm drinking it all in before the tides turn and my flip flops are locked away for the season (although I've definitely worn them in the snow before--but only on pedicure days).

How about that game last night? I'm an award show junky, so the game being opposite the Emmy's was a bit tough, but I just DVR'd the awards and watched them during the commercials. I almost turned the channel as the game got close during the 4th quarter, and I was afraid I was jinxing them, but alas----put another W on the board. My classroom graph is looking quite stunning, I must say!!

Today the kids did their first round of Children's Progress testing (the other 2 will come later in the year: winter and spring). I was able to jump online and do some preliminary investigating of their scores, and I was sooooo pleased! Were there some kids who need a little boost here and there? Of course, how could there not be? But overall, my little brainiacs did amazingly. I'm a proud mama bear teacher today!!! And this even came after I'd given a math test this morning (which they also rocked!!). Not  the most exciting Monday that has ever existed, but none-the-less a good one academically. =)

Lastly, I hope to see many of you at tonight's IPTO meeting at Franzen. It's at 7:00. Our IPTO does such amazing things for our kids, they are such a gift to this district! Please come out and get involved, or just to come and get out of the house for an hour or two. There are always some good laughs. The parents involved are as sweet as can be, and it's always nice to see fresh faces. Plus, I'll be there, and as you've seen I'm pretty good at making some goofball statement when speaking to a large group, so if nothing else, come out for the show. LOL!

Have a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment