Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday, 9/20/13

Last week we had our first journal reading. It's a time when the kids can have the spotlight and read something that they've written during the week. Not to mention, it's a little introduction to public speaking. I figure, if they can get the jitters out and see it's not so bad when they're 7, maybe something will carry over into their adult lives. Anyhow, last week the kids were completely nervous, but I promised them that they'd wind up loving it because all of my classes always have before them. Sure enough, all this week, they've been asking when our next journal reading would be. Well, it was today!!! The kids were so excited all day, and then when it was time for them to read, they did such a great job! Of course there were those who are still a bit apprehensive, but I'm positive that after a few more times of getting up there and feeling the pride of sharing an original piece of writing, all of the good feelings will overtake the nerves. I'm so proud of them!

I hope you have a lovely weekend! Don't you find yourself cherishing weekends like this as the summer comes to a close? We know what's right around the corner, so these last few weekends of 70's and sunny are like little gifts to be cherished until we all begin our hibernation.

And without further adieu--let's hear it:   GOOOOOO BBBBEEEEEAAAAARRRRRSSSSS!!! I have friends who are going to the game in PA! My friend Mike is one of the biggest Bears fans I know, and he has wisely taught his wife and first son to be as well. Their second son however, randomly grew up a Steelers fan and married his high-school sweetheart, who of course is sure to cheer for the Steelers as well. They are all venturing out for the game and to see who in their family comes out victorious. I adore their son (who I've known since he was itty bitty) but for the only time in his life--I'm going to be rooting against him. Get it Bears!!!! We've got a rivalry to settle here!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Video of these little speeches would be awesome! Especially at the beginning of the year and then the end to see how much they have improved! Go Bears!

    ReplyDelete