Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So! I went to Dunkin Donuts this morning:

Desperately needed caffination and hydration












But I wasn't the only one! I had to drive around the parking lot a few times to get a place in the drive-thru line! It was backed onto Irving!!! Not good! My patience was short, but then I got my coffee and tea and felt much better. THEN when school started, I went to grab my coffee off of my table, and one of my darling little angels said, "That's from me." I looked and saw 2 coffee cups! She'd brought me coffee. Is that not the cutest thing ever?? I heard from her mom that it was all her idea, and I heard from another teacher that when asked about it, she hugged the cup tight and told that other teacher that the coffee she had was for HER teacher!! I LOVE my job!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank all of you who made it out last night. Curriculum Night is such a mix of feelings for me. It is so great because I get to meet the majority of my kids' parents, but I'm so much better at just having a conversation than trying to cover topics on a "formal" agenda and I wind up jumbled and tongue-tied. I just hope that you all gained a better appreciation for the learning and fun that goes into your child's school days.

And here's a story that will shock very few of you (especially if you were in my first session last night). Today we had a fire drill. No biggie, right? We've had our initial one for the year; so this one was a run-of-the-mill drill. (how'd you like that rhyme??) What was different was that my class was with the music teacher. When the alarm when off, I was in the office, so I headed out the front doors to the sidewalk and then watched my students come out the other set of doors and down the same sidewalk, but not to the same location where I was. In the few seconds when I was standing outside anxiously waiting seeing them exit the building I was oddly (or not-so-oddly now that you know me a bit better) taken by a bit of emotion. I didn't really like that I wasn't with them. Now, I'm going to tell you that there have been many times that I have been through drills when I wasn't with my class, so I'm pretty sure it was the tiredness that was living in my eyes today that contributed to that sensation, but I think it also had to do with the reality that we were all forced to face last December in Connecticut. My reaction kind of took me back. I guess you really do continue to learn about yourself when you're paying attention, huh?  Well, I'll tell you what---by the time they got back in the building I was waiting by the music room to take them back to class and they gave me the "what-for"!! I was asked by nearly every single one of those kids why I didn't warn them! Humph!! Shoulda known-----schooled by second graders again!! (I explained, of course, that we have to practice with surprise drills so Dr. Turner can see that we all know what to do....never a dull moment!!)

My final thought, so that we can keep the winning streak alive: GOOOOOO BEEEAAAARRRRSSSS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment