Saturday, February 1, 2014

Friday, 1/31/14

**Saturday morning note: I woke up in the middle of the night realizing I'd written this, but never hit the publish button before running out of work to get the weekend started. Those short weeks take a larger toll than you'd ever suspect. ;) Here goes.....

The kids have officially begun writing their persuasive pieces. I can't wait to read them!! I wonder if I'll be persuaded to either have a beach day or take the kids out to play in the snow. I'm hoping there are more compelling arguments for beach day than snow day, but I know how these little minds work, and I may have opened a door for myself that I can't step back from. ;)

Today is the first-graders' informance. We saw the audience coming in the front doors when we were walking back from music. The kids in the front of my line asked when we get to go and see the informance. I had to break it to them that second graders don't see it. As you can imagine, that went over like a ton of bricks. So......what did my teacher brain tell them......to write a letter to Dr. Turner to persuade her to let us see it!! I don't know if I'll have anyone actually take me up on it, but I like that I can now use their newly acquired knowledge of persuasion to translate into an answer to the never ending questions of "Can we....." Try it at home, I think you'll like it!! =)

Have a fun and safe Super Bowl weekend!  Go whoever.......if it's not the Bears, who cares?! I'm looking forward to fun with friends, hoping there are still some commercials that have yet to be released and most of all, THE PUPPY BOWL!!! You've seen it, right? On Animal Planet?? If not, you must check it out. It is clever and painfully adorable. In the past it has started in the mid-afternoon and they rerun it all day. Trust me, it is not to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment