Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday, 2/18/14

I hope you all had a great Presidents' Day weekend. I had the house all cleaned and my schoolwork done by Sunday afternoon, so yesterday I just had a few errands to run before the snow hit and then I enjoyed the rest of the day relaxing. I'd dvr'd a program about Thomas Jefferson, so I figured that was a pretty legit way to spend a part of my afternoon. Did you know that both he and John Adams passed away within 5 hours of each other, both 50 years to the day after the signing of the Declaration of Independence?? How amazing is that? They said he was in severely failing health and kept asking if it was July 4th yet. When he finally got the answer of 'yes,' he passed on. Fascinating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, to prove to you that I'm not the complete nerd that the original paragraph may have painted me to be, look at where I was on Sunday night:

No big deal, just hanging out with Justin Timberlake!! Fantastic seats, beyond-amazing concert, even great parking and no traffic. Overall, a great time was had by all! ;)


















Back to reality today~ We came in this morning to discover 3 snowmen had been built in the front of our school. How fun is that? It must be crazy warm out because by the time I had a prep time this afternoon, the poor little guys had drastically shrunk.

The rest of the day was a combination of coming down from the sugar residuals of Valentine's Day and getting back to the grind. I had the kids make a get-well card for one of their classmates, and I was so touched by some discoveries as the kids started giving them to me. At first I noticed that a lot of them had monkeys on them, so I asked if he likes monkeys--turns out he does. Then it came to me that there was a LOT of orange, so I asked what his favorite color is. Sure enough, they told me orange. How incredibly is it that these kids knew those details about their friend and all made sure to incorporate them into their cards????  I am an incredibly proud lady today after having witnessed that!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment