Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday, 2/3/14

What a Super Bowl, or I think  some may say, a not-so-Super-Bowl! You know me, if the Bears aren't playing in it, then what's the use? Well, I guess a great Bruno Mars concert, enough junk food to feed a small nation and time with great friends make it a fun day. I saw a tear-jerking story about the Seahawks' quarterback (at least I think it was the quarterback) before the game, so I decided to root for them. I guess I'm lucky to be a sucker for a tear jerker, because then "my team" (at least my team of the night) wound up winning. LOL! But of course, I then felt bad for Peyton Manning and all of Denver. We know all-too-well what it's like to be on the losing side of a Super Bowl. Hey wait! When we were on the losing side, it was all because Peyton Manning was on the winning side. Hold the phone! Suddenly I'm not feeling quite as bad, still bad of course, but that realization just took a tiny bit of the sting out. Listen Peyton, no one knows better than us that there's always next year!

Today I am writing my blog while sitting at one of my (absent) student's desks. Typically, I try to at least get it started while the kids are writing in the journals. The kids are writing, I'm writing, it's all nothing but creative harmony in the room at that time. However, recently one of the little folks decided I shouldn't be blogging while they're writing. Let me edit that, it was fine with him that I was blogging, but just not writing on the computer, rather I should be writing on paper like the kids were. I tried to explain that I don't have an option, in order to "publish" the blog, it had to be done on the computer. Nope, no dice. He wanted me writing on paper. So I, of course, got paper and sat close to him to write. That was not good enough. He would have liked for me to go and sit next to my computer and write. It's all part of the fun back-and-forth that we have going all day, everyday, in my classroom. I try to set a good example of problem solving and respect, and I always want the kids to be able to respectfully express themselves, so sometimes it winds up resulting in writing my blog entry on paper and then transferring it onto the computer. If it means the kids are learning to look at their surroundings, question them and problem solve, then I'm down with being the consequence. ;)

So, now that I'm done transferring my thoughts from paper to computer, I'm going to hit publish, clean up and go home to my left-overs from last night's indulgence. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment