Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday, 1/29/14

Seriously, is 2014 the best year ever, or what? I've never ever in my entire career seen a year with more than 2 snow days (one is usually excessively rare), so FOUR!!?? And we're not even out of January yet? Insanity! And while it's fun and unusual, of course the price to pay is coming back to these 1/2 weeks and not knowing quite how to navigate and fit everything in. Not to worry, we've done some brainstorming and all will be fine. We're just shimmying some things and round-abouting some others, and viola! Perfect normalcy! HA!! If everything is ever perfectly normal, I'm outta here----that's way too boring for this girl!

Today I began to lay the ground work for some persuasive writing I'm going to have the kids do. They'll have the option of persuading me to take them outside for a bit (perhaps for a snowball fight) or for a beach party day. Mind you, this is all for the purposes of writing, so no need to worry about a major snowball fight breaking out (but I'd appreciate if you'd keep that info under wraps from the little you-know-whos). During our discussion today I tried to demonstrate to the kids how one makes his/her case when trying to persuade: how you want to make it beneficial for the person you're trying to persuade, not just talk about how it will benefit you. There were a lot of oooohhhhs and aaahhhhs as their precious brains began to make the connection to what I was demonstrating. It was pretty cute. My intention is to start the writing tomorrow or Friday. I can't (CANNOT) wait to see the direction this project takes.

Well, I need to get my act together and get my car started so I don't have a dead battery when I want to leave. I made soup in the crock pot on Monday (I don't usually cook a lot, so this was an exciting event for me) and I'm dying to get home and partake in some.

Have a great night--stay warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment