Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday, 1/14/14

Happy Tuesday! I was out at a meeting all day yesterday, and so that made coming back to my little faces turn this into a lovely Tuesday. It makes me feel good that the kids seem to be as happy to see me, as I am to see them. In addition, seeing that the room was not destroyed and that all of my plans were completed from yesterday was an added bonus. If you've ever heard a teacher say it's more work to miss school than it is to be there---it's 100% true! And it's not just the making of the sub plans (however, I was a sub for my first year out of school, so I make the world's most detailed plans)--it's more the coming back. Not only do you have to be ready for a new day, but then trying to decipher what went down when you were gone is also very interesting. 99 times out of 100 I have to put the room back together in some way, shape or form. Not because the sub didn't do a great job, but just weird randomness happens, that more than likely, the sub would never have even noticed--but I know this room like the back of my hand, and boy oh boy, do I notice!! But, this morning was the 1 time out of 100 that it wasn't more difficult to come back. I got to work a bit early, but was able to quickly go through and put things away from yesterday, get things set for today and even get a bit ahead with some paperwork that needed to be done. All that by the time the kids had arrived----and then the real fun began! 

Can you even believe that it was only last week that we had those snow days for the cold. I seriously feel like it was eons ago. I don't even know what just made me think of that. Well, truthfully, I do, but I've already droned on with one lame-o story for you today, I don't need to bore you with the twists and turns my brain just made. 

I think I'm going to wrap up for tonight, before I get going on who-knows-what else. Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment