Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday, 1/10/14

Oh my gosh, what a difference a week makes! Last Friday we were preparing for scary cold and this weekend we're preparing for a thaw! (Which is apparently also something I need to be worried about--I am on the reserve list for something called Roof Melt that I saw on WGN this morning. I guess it's the stuff that we put on our driveways condensed into a hockey-puck looking disk that you throw on your roof to thaw the snow before it can begin the dreaded thaw/freeze schedule. I don't know why it's dreaded, but it is, so I'm trying to be preventative! I made it through the frozen pipe anxiety and now have entered into the roof/gutter/sump pump agony of '14.)

The good thing about this weather is that I like to use snow for a lesson on matter that I do each year, but for the past several years there hasn't been snow to use. I hurried and did the lesson yesterday so that I didn't miss the chance. It is such a fun lesson: thermometers in tap water, then snow, then add hot water and watch the "red juice" shoot up. The kids are so cute to watch and listen to, and many of them left school yesterday saying that they want to buy a thermometer. One of them said, "Unless it's over $20." Aren't they hysterical!!

I hope you have a great weekend now that we don't have to hibernate any more. I'm going downtown to see Phantom of the Opera. I've never seen it so I'm super excited!!! Then on Sunday----nothing planned! Don't you love days like that? I know that sounds insane after we just had 2 weeks off, but after coming back to work, it's nice to have a day to let the old brain rest. Don't get me wrong, I'll have plenty of housework and schoolwork to fill my day, but it will be nice to do it at my own pace. =)

Adios mis amigos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment