Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday, 1/22/14

There comes a point in the winter, particularly this long, cold, nothing-but-indoors winter in which being in a little room with 23 cabin-fevered children can start to take its toll. It is at these times that a little spontaneous dance party to Kids Bop in just what the doctor ordered.  At the conclusion of a painting project this morning, the spontaneous dance party came to be.

As the kids slowly came to realize that the music was staying on (even after the project was coming to an end) and their teacher began to dance around, which everyone knows is the international signal for a dance party's commencement, they got into it. At one point I overhead a few kids discussing the Black Eyed Peas' song, "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night." The conversation started with someone saying that they liked the song and someone else responding: "Yeah, it's catchy." A second-grader saying IT'S CATCHY!! Seriously? Oh my gosh, I love my job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then----the One Direction song "You Don't Know You're Beautiful" came on and they all started singing it. I can't tell you that I'm a big Directioner, but I think that that song has a lovely message and to hear my class's sweet little voices singing it was one of those times when I just needed to take a moment and let it sink into my heart.

Not too bad for a dreary Wednesday. Thank goodness we're now officially over the hump and the cold, snowy weekend is in sight. (I don't mind cold and snowy when I'm nestled in my house)

Stay warm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment