Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday, 1/8/14

Happy New Year!!!!!!!  2014 has already started off amazingly with the bonus days off. The second half of break I was a complete hermit crab and didn't leave the house, not once, until this morning. I kept thinking that I'd have a day to sit around and veg out with the tv, but I just don't think it's in my DNA. I kept finding things to add to my to-do list. LOL! Always something more for the to-do list, huh?

I have to admit, I was so incredibly excited to see all of my favorite little people's faces this morning. I've grown quite attached to them so my heart was missing them. It felt good to have the crew back together. (Well, we're still missing one--so it won't be completely complete until next week. At that point my heart will be full!!)

It's been odd operating on a Wednesday schedule, despite it feeling like a Monday and having to cram 2 or 3 days' of work into one. Luckily, my kids don't miss a beat. I'm thinking of what we do on Mondays and the kids are asking if we're doing a mad minute today (we do those on Wednesdays). How much more could I love that they are on point with our schedule, let alone ASKING for a mad minute??? I am one blessed teacher, that's for darn sure!

Well, I should call this day a wrap. I, like nearly everyone else, have resolved to get on the treadmill with more consistency in 2014. If I'm going to stay true, then I need to work on getting my tookus out of work at a reasonable time each day. I found a cheap tv on Black Friday and set it up with an old dvd player in the basement. I'm hoping that a daily dose of my favorite show "Psych" will be motivation enough to get on that dreaded walking-quickly-but-going-nowhere machine.







No comments:

Post a Comment