Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday, 10/15/13

Happy Tuesday that feels like a Monday! And a dreary one at that. While I'm thrilled to pieces that it was so beautiful yesterday (especially because I had to have a dying tree removed from my yard--heartbreaking!), I sure would love to be curled up on the couch with a warm blanket and some good dvr time on a day like this!! On the up side--I did get to come back and see a bunch of faces that I'd missed over the long weekend. The past few weeks the kids' personalities have really started to emerge, and I'm loving the way this class is coming together. Everyone does a nice job of respecting each other and supporting one another, and I love seeing that they're really starting to LIKE one anther. I don't know if that makes sense---if I were you, I'd be thinking of course they like each other, they're second graders, most of whom knew each other from last year. I can't tangibly describe to you what I mean, there's just something that happens after we've been in school for several weeks where the vibe starts to change. They go from being little kids who were all clumped together in one class, to a cohesive group of funny, understanding, cooperating little humans.

I came into the classroom this morning to find an utter abundanza of pumpkin love! Of course the irony is that I began a detox metabolism boost thing (nothing gimmicky--just getting the right foods in and the wrong foods out) just yesterday. I'd done it over the summer and I felt so great. Then the school building opened back up for unpacking and soon after that school started, and needless to say----it's been junk food heaven. So--I started yesterday with the best of intentions to get back to that great eating and working out. It lasted 24 hours. LOL! Sometimes there are sacrifices we have to make in life, so if I have to sacrifice for a mini pumpkin pie, pumpkin donut holes and pumpkin biscotti (to die for BTW!!), well, that's just the way the biscotti crumbles. Hahaha!!

Have a great night----I'm hoping my hair doesn't frizz too badly when I leave. Should be a fun sight to see. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment