Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday, 10/18/13

Happy Friday!!

What a week it has been! These short weeks are always killer. I wouldn't trade them for the world, but it's a sprint trying to get all of the knowledge packed in. Good thing I have a class of such geniuses!!

Today Ms. Edwards is out so we have a sub. It's always so interesting (and a smidge nerve wracking) seeing my class and how it's run through fresh eyes. The good news is--our class got nothing but compliments. Our sub saw first-hand how well the kids communicate with each other, treat each other kindly, support one another and learn together. I'm so thankful that they've already put into practice all of my favorite things in the world!!! I'm so very proud of them!

Before I do my weekend shout out to our local team--I need to also send good juju to Boston. My parents grew up in upstate New York, and my dad has been a lifelong Boston fan. Really any team that is from Boston, but particularly and die-heartedly (???) the Red Sox, so I grew up going to White Sox games when the Red Sox were in town and adopting my dad's love for the Green Monster and all things Boston. Nothing, absolutely nothing, gave me greater joy than when they finally won the Series for the first time (in forever) many years ago knowing that my dad got to see it happen. Then they won again a few years later, and now tomorrow......game 6 of the play-offs.... One more win and they go to the big show~ Come on Boston! You got this! GOOOOOOO SOOOOOXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!  And, on top of that whole scene, one of the kids told me today that his parents are in Boston right now. (The kids knew nothing of my BoSox affinity other than the hat that I keep in my classroom) I asked if they went out for the game. He said no, but either way--if they win tomorrow, and I know people who are in Boston at the time, well, that's just like me being there, right??? Close enough! Please send them good vibes tomorrow! It would be soooo exciting to see them go to the Series again!!

And now, because equally exciting to the story above would be The Bears in the SuperBowl (don't worry---for the entire time that my dad lived in IL and even now that he lives in OH, he's also a die-hard Bears fan. I wouldn't let him get away with anything else, even though he may sometimes secretly root for the Patriots...we just don't discuss it.)  So here goes nothing...

GOOOOOOOOO BEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment