Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday, 10/4/13

Happiest of Fridays to ya!!!

Today the kids' school pictures came in. OMG! I have the CUTEST class on this planet!!!!!!! The kids' pictures are seriously the cutest things ever!!! If you're a Snapfish user, there is a coupon on the front of the envelope for a free photo book. If you're not a Snapfish user, and you would otherwise recycle the coupon, you could send it in to me, I'll use it!! =) But that's only if you or your friends/family won't use it and you'd have thrown it away otherwise.

Our day concluded with our first assembly of the year--and it was hosted by none other than yours truly! If you've never heard of the "Bucket Fillers" philosphy-you should Google it. It's a very sweet way of helping kids learn that it is incredibly important to lift others up in life (filling someone's bucket), rather than bringing someone down (bucket dipping). Another piece that I love is that it teaches kids that when we fill someone else's bucket (by giving a compliment, helping someone out, using good manners, etc) then our own bucket gets filled at the same time!!! There's a book that is written for primary-aged kids called Fill A Bucket. I read it to all of the Benson kids and explained the philosophy. I then showed them a clip I'd found of two robots who explained the difference between bucket filling and bucket dipping. Sooo cute! Next week I'm going to create a bulletin board in our classroom for each child to have a "bucket" (in all honesty, it will be a library pocket) where they can fill out slips of paper with compliments or thank yous and fill each others' buckets. When I have it up and running I'll show you a picture. In the meantime--it's a very simple concept which could easily be blended into your home life if you wanted. Google it-I promise that you'll like it. =)

GEAUX BEEARRRRRSSSS-----let's get that mojo back this weeknd and beat the Saints!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment