Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday, 10/24/13

Well, our week of Starlabbing has come to a close. It was such a great experience! The kids were so attentive and delightful to bring in. It's a relatively small and echoey environment, so bringing 23 seven/eight-year olds into it can be tasking at times, but I must say I enjoyed every single day that we were in there together. I could feel the excitement from the kids as they learned about the various cultures and their interpretations of the constellations. Each day I would start our experience with the star field--no pictures, just what the night sky would look like if we didn't have all of the light pollution from Chicago. Today I also ended our time showing that cylinder, meanwhile asking the kids to imagine that we were in a wide-open field somewhere warm, lying on blankets and looking up into the night sky wondering what all was going on in the gigantic universe. It was a pretty cool way to end our time with Starlab. I hope that you've heard some great stories--and if you've only imagined what it looks like, here's a snapshot to help:

I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend. I'm looking forward to starting a fresh new quarter next week. New beginnings, new goals, a freshly clean tablet to fill up. Until then.....have a great weekend and GOOOOOO BBBBOOOOOOSSSSOOOOOXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment