Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday, 4/9/13

Happy Local Election Day!! I love our amazing democratic process,and local elections are when I know that my vote can truly make a difference in my community. I hope everyone got out and voted. It's an important day for Itasca.

The big map I wrote about yesterday was a hit today! Before I even talked about it, I saw some kids looking at it and exploring. I hadn't even noticed, until they pointed it out to me, that there the flags of every nation shown on the bottom. I LOVE hearing them talk about what they see. They're taking charge of their own learning, and they don't even know it's happening!! LOL!! Back to the map... it's highly cool!You'll see next week when you come visit me during Celebration of Learning. =)   Toward the end of the day was the big reveal regarding the map's purpose. I shared all of the Flat Stanley letters and pics that we've gotten back, and the kids whose Stanleys we heard about put push pins on the map showing where he'd visited. The people who received the Stans from our class members really went all out and did an amazing job with him. I was very touched when I read the info that the folks had sent back to share with our class. It was the perfect way to end the day.

I'm off to finish up my work and anxiously await election results. I get emotional every time I think about it. I pray that I will have tears of joy in a few hours!!! Fingers, toes and curls crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment