Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday, 4/23/13

Thank you to everyone who was able to make it out to Celebration of Learning last night. It was great to see you. I wish I could have chatted with many of you for longer. C of L is always such a whirlwind--people buzzing in and out. I try to at least say hi to everyone, but I just wish I had more time to chit chat. Anyhow, I hope you all enjoyed hanging out for a bit.

Today we went to Peacock to see a dress rehearsal of their play "Guys and Dolls." OMG--if you can squeeze it in this weekend, you really should go and see it. Mr. Travis and his team do such an amazing job with the kids. To see tons (and I mean TONS) of middle-school kids up there singing and dancing is such a tribute to the quality of work that goes into the Peacock shows. I'm a smidge biased because I taught many of the kids, but when I take off my teacher hat, the production, scenery, costumes--everything, every little detail is covered and it is a quality show. I can't say enough!! I kept telling my current 2nd graders that I can't wait until the day that I see them up on that stage!  I swear, I will blink and it will happen. Uber exciting!

I'm off to clean up, go home and clean my messy self up and head to the School Board meeting. Hope to see you there. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment