Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday, 4/2/13

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful spring break and, if you celebrate, a lovely Easter and/or Passover!! As you might have been able to tell from my Friday-before-break post, I DESPERATELY needed time to rest and relax. Luckily, that's just what I got, and I'm back better than ever. It's 4th quarter, and I'm ready to conquer!!

I think I dodged a bullet when the district decided to give us the Monday after Easter, aka April 1st, off to compensate for Good Friday having fallen during spring break. Awhile ago some of my little ladies told me that they already knew what they were going to do to me for April Fool's--I proudly told them that we didn't have school on that day! (the HA was implied!!Lol!!) Of course, within a second of thinking they, as they often do, had a smart retort for me---that they didn't care, they'd just do it on April 2nd. Well, it's April 2nd, and knock on wood, I've escaped prank free.....  Now, those of you who may be parents of little ladies, remember, we're in this together, so don't be telling them tonight about their little plan that they've now forgotten. You're on my team.....my side......TEAM GROWN-UP, REMEMBER?????? Have my back!!! I know I can count on you!!  ;)

My parents came in town for Easter and aren't leaving until tomorrow, so I convinced them to come visit our class for a little while this morning. They've only come to school a handful of times in the past, so I think it was fun for them to see this group of kids I always talk about and watch how school runs "nowadays." I can't wait to go home and hear what they thought. It was their first time seeing a Smartboard in action. My dad is an electrical engineer (retired) so he was quite into seeing how it operated within the classroom. I'm surprised he didn't jump up and take over. My mom is the one who just plain adores the kids, and I heard her many times pipe in to talk to them. It was cute. One of those experiences I'll always hold in my heart. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment