Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday, 4/15/13

HOW COOL IS THIS??????????????????????????????????????

There is a special School Board meeting at the Village Hall on Thursday at 8:30. The parents and fellow members of this amazing community have come together is a way that far surpasses my wildest dreams. I can't even begin to put words to the feelings that I have about the hope that has risen in an unprecedented time of difficulty for our district. I feel like this is all I've been talking about; it is certainly what has been taking up most of the space in my thoughts and yet what consistently abounds in every conversation and thought is gratitude. For a girl who'd never heard of Itasca before getting a job here 17 years ago, I immediately fell in love with this town. I've said it before, and I'll say it again---I've lived in 6 different zip codes in my life, but Itasca is my HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And this is why. I've never seen anything like the pulling together of people as I've seen in the past week. I've heard of it-seen it on tv, it's what I always imagined I'd see from this town, but never dreamt something would surface to manifest my imagination. Low-and-behold it's been manifested into something even my (wild) imagination could not create. I feel beyond blessed to bear witness to such faith and dedication. It brings tears to my eyes just writing this. I adore this school district and what it does for its students, and the thought of it becoming so severely disassembled has nearly broken me more than a few times in the past week, but how can I possibly entertain those thoughts any more. Nope---nothing but positive energy, support and visions of our district looking no different in one year from today than it does today. Let's get this taken care of people! Plus--------I'm going to get an uber cute t-shirt out of it all. (it all comes back to fashion and cracking a cheesy joke, doesn't it??) It will be a great token of a time I will always reflect on with pride, and a constant reminder of people who stood tall in their convictions and beliefs--my inspirations!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment